St. Petersburg Car Accident Attorneys
Thank you for choosing to learn more about the law firm of The Law Offices of Bobby Jones, P.A. Our team strives to help people injured due to the negligence and fault of others get their lives back on track. Dealing with the parties responsible for your injuries, such as the other driver and insurance companies, can be incredibly complicated and frustrating – our team can walk you through the process step by step. We help victims obtain compensation for medical expenses, lost wages (past, present, and future), pain and suffering, and property damage. We are also capable of helping clients who have lost a loved one in an accident obtain compensation through wrongful death lawsuits.
A car accident occurs every five seconds in the United States. In most situations accidents occur as result of the carelessness or negligence of the person who caused the accident. To get fair compensation quickly, it is important to retain an experienced accident lawyer. Negotiating alone or waiting until the insurance company makes an offer can be frustrating and costly. Inexperience and guessing about the value of your case can result in the loss of valuable rights and thousands of dollars.
At The Law Offices of Bobby Jones we know that most people, during their lifetimes, will either be involved in or have a loved one involved in a life altering accident. Our team of attorneys and support staff is ready to assist you in all aspects of your representation and to ensure that you receive all compensation to which you are legally entitled. There are many issues that you will face immediately following a car wreck and many of them require specialized knowledge and expertise. Here are just a few of the issues that you will be expected to handle, following an accident:
1. Medical treatment and bills;
2. Insurance coverage and requests for statements;
3. Car repairs and value;
4. A PIP claim; and
5. Lost time at work.
Remember, despite the promises they make when they advertise and sell their policies, insurance companies are businesses, and as such strive to limit their expenses as much as possible by paying as little as they can. Our job is to not let them get away with that. Unlike many large “settlement mill” law firms, we are not afraid to take a case to trial if that is what is required to get full recovery for our client’s losses.
Have You Been in an Accident?
If you have been involved in an accident, The Law Offices of Bobby Jones recommends that you be familiar with the proper steps to take after the accident, as outlined below:
1. Get medical care immediately. After the accident, do not miss follow up appointments with your doctor or disregard medical recommendations, treatments, prescriptions or other advice. This could cause serious problems with your case later.
2. Never withhold information to either your doctor or your attorney. It is crucial that you are completely honest so that you can get a fair settlement.
3. Never sign any release of personal information forms, medical authorization forms or any other insurance company documents without first consulting your attorney.
4. Never agree to a recorded statement with any insurance adjuster without first speaking to your attorney. Remember, insurance companies are not on your side. Their goal is to pay as little as possible in settlements, regardless of the devastation of injury or loss of life due to an accident.
If you have been involved in a traffic accident, call a St. Petersburg personal injury attorney. Your consultation is free. We understand that after you have been involved in a car accident, you might be without transportation or injured an unable to drive to our office. A lawyer from The Law Offices of Bobby Jones is always available to meet you at the location of your choosing. Though we are conveniently located in St. Petersburg, we have accepted and litigated cases in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, Bradenton, Sarasota, Fort Myers and throughout the State of Florida.
What Makes Us Different Makes Us Better
At The Law Offices of Bobby Jones, we believe in handling your personal injury case differently than many of the big firms that are constantly advertising on T.V. or the radio. We believe in handling your case personally. Firms that must constantly advertise do so to attract new clients. They must have new clients because the old clients are not referring them new business. We rely on referrals from our current and former clients. Our clients can reach their attorney 24 hours per day. Each client has their lawyer’s personal cell phone number. Next time you see an attorney on T.V or on the radio begging for your business, ask yourself if you think he gives his personal contact information to every client.
We also believe in evaluating each case on an individual basis. Your case is treated on the basis of its own merits. Many of the large “settlement mills” have quotas that attorneys, paralegals and support staff are required to meet. These quotas will require that a certain number of cases be settled each week. In our opinion, this is always the wrong approach. One case, due entirely to the circumstances of the case might achieve a better result by attempting to push it early while another may require a more patient approach. The offer, in every case, must be carefully evaluated and discussed with the client. If a better result can be obtained by taking the case to trial, we will take the case to trial.
What Can You Expect When You Hire The Law Offices of Bobby Jones?
When you have been involved in an automobile accident, you have plenty of things to worry about. Your case should not one of them. As soon as you retain The Law Offices of Bobby Jones to represent you can expect:
1. We will collect all of your medical records and bills;
2. We will obtain the accident report;
3. We will investigate and take pictures of the scene and vehicles;
4. We will perform a background and asset searches on the defendant;
5. We will act as your representative and deal with the insurance companies on your behalf;
6. We will attempt to negotiate the best settlement possible;
7. We will assist you in evaluating all settlement offers;
8. We will file suit, if necessary;
9. We will retain experts to assist with and testify at the trial;
10. We will obtain all documents and records to use at trial;
11. We will depose all necessary witnesses in anticipation of trial;
12. We will try your case; and
13. We will always communicate with you and keep you abreast of your case.
Essentially, it is our goal that you feel like an important client and not just a number when you choose to hire us. The Law Offices of Bobby Jones strives to provide the personal attention to which you are entitled. We understand that your car accident, the decision to hire a personal injury attorney and your case are very important to you and we will always be appreciative of the opportunity to represent you.
Another added benefit of hiring The Law Offices of Bobby Jones is that we want you to call us about any legal issue that you may encounter. We may have handled a car accident case for you, but you can consider us your attorney for any issue. We will happily discuss any legal issue with you. We may not handle the particular issue which you are facing, but we will gladly recommend a local, licensed attorney that will provide you excellent legal service while adhering to the same set of principles people have to come to expect from The Law Offices of Bobby Jones.
Free initial consultation. You will never pay attorney fees unless we collect.