Florida has more cases of road rage than any other state, including larger and more populated states than our own. Not only does Florida lead the nation in road rage incidents, but there are also more road rage incidents involving guns than any other state.
Population in some Florida areas is definitely a factor. Studies prove that as the population increases, impulsive and aggressive acts increase as well. Some common signs of road rage include:
• Tailgating another driver
• Honking to express frustration or anger
• Yelling at other drivers
• Blocking another vehicle from changing lanes
• Cutting off another vehicle
• Intentionally bumping or hitting another vehicle
• Abrupt braking
Frustration behind the wheel is nothing unusual. There will always be drivers who are tired, impatient, anxious, or perturbed about something, whether related to the commute or not. Although you can’t help what another driver is feeling, there are a few ways to stay safe from frustrated or angry drivers on the road:
• Steer clear of erratic drivers
• Stay calm
• Avoid eye contact with an aggressive driver
• If another driver is attempting to pass you, do not remain in the left lane
• Do not challenge an aggressive driver
• Don’t take their behavior personally
• Do not be afraid to report road rage to the police
Remember: don’t encourage aggressive driving by driving aggressively yourself.
Have you or a loved one sustained injuries due to road rage from another driver? Contact an experienced St. Petersburg personal injury attorney at Jones Law Group today. When you contact our office we will immediately either put you on the phone with one of our attorneys, or set an appointment where you will meet your attorney and be provided with his/her contact information. If you do not have transportation or you cannot drive, your attorney will travel to meet you and discuss your case with you. Call an experienced personal injury attorney in St. Petersburg at Jones Law Group at (727) 571-1333 during regular business hours or (727) 753-8657 on weekends or after regular business hours. We will evaluate your case for free and you will never pay us a dime unless we recover compensation for your injuries.
Jones Law Group
5622 Central Avenue
St. Petersburg, FL 33707