Even though the Sturgis, ND motorcycle rally might get a lot more press, Daytona’s Bike Week is no slouch. It draws an average of 400,000 people each year. Unfortunately, that dramatically increases the risks of accidents that can result in severe injuries and tragic fatalities. In 2022, Daytona Beach police reported more than 100 wrecks related to Bike Week.
If you’re going to be a part of Bike Week 2023, the attorneys with Jones Law Group hope you enjoy yourself – safely, of course. But we’ll be here for you if you suffer an injury due to someone else’s negligence. Schedule a free evaluation of your case by calling (727) 571-1333 or using our online contact form.
The Increased Risk of Accidents During Daytona Bike Week
It’s obviously no secret that Daytona Beach traffic is already horrible, and adding more people to our already-crowded streets and highways will lead to problems. In addition to the higher volume, many Bike Week attendees will have a little “too much fun,” so to speak. These are just some ways they’ll increase the chances of potentially devastating accidents.
- Fatigue – Bike Week 2023 stretches over two weeks, and many people will stay the whole time. That means they’ll not only party a great deal, but they’ll also want to participate in as many activities as possible. A lot of attendees are going to be exhausted and not be able to react as quickly to suddenly changing road conditions as they usually would.
- Drinking – Many Daytona Bike Week attendees will consume alcohol, with some imbibing excessively. When riders are drunk, the chances of a wreck rise exponentially.
- Reckless behavior – A few riders will want to show off their skills on two wheels. That means they’ll take more risks than usual and perform dangerous actions such as splitting lanes or going way too fast.
Common Causes of Accidents During Daytona Bike Week
The causes of accidents that occur during Daytona Bike Week include the following:
- Too much traffic – It’s only logical that more accidents will occur when you jam hundreds of thousands of added vehicles into our area.
- Drunk riding – Whether someone is riding on two wheels or four, they’ll be much more likely to cause an accident if they’re drunk.
- Reckless riding – There will be a lot of traffic jams during Bike Week and many frustrated riders as a result. Some of them might try to take dangerous shortcuts and slam into a car, another motorcycle, or even a pedestrian.
Of course, motorists will cause accidents during Bike Week as well. Here are some of the more likely ways they’ll do so.
- Following too closely – Drivers aren’t used to being around the number of motorcycles surrounding them during Bike Week. Some will probably get angry and tailgate riders, increasing the risk of hitting them from behind.
- Not checking their blind spots – Motorists who fail to look at their blind spots when changing lanes could easily hit a motorcycle.
- Cutting off motorcycles – If the driver of a passenger car needs to make a left turn and doesn’t realize a bike is coming, the collision could be disastrous.
- Texting while driving – Distractions are always dangerous, but using a smartphone during Bike Week will be even riskier.
How Jones Law Group Can Help
Once you’ve received the medical help you need, your next move should be to get in touch with a Jones Law Group motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. We’ve helped riders and motorists who have suffered injuries, and we’ll be ready to do the same for you купить мощный фонарь на аккумуляторе. Once you choose our firm, we’ll immediately launch an investigation to determine how the accident occurred and who’s to blame.
After the investigation, we’ll contact the at-fault party’s insurance company to demand the compensation you deserve. Your Jones Law Group attorney will consider many factors when calculating the value of your accident-related losses, also known as damages тактичні рукавиці купити. For example, we’ll obtain your medical bills and pay stubs, so we know how much to pursue for your lost wages.
But any attorney can do that. Our ability to calculate so-called “non-economic” damages sets us apart from other firms. These are losses that don’t necessarily lend themselves to a monetary value купить мультитул. You’re likely going through a great deal of pain and suffering. You might be hurt so badly that you can’t do the things you love. You may also experience depression and anxiety.
These losses are just as devastating as your economic losses, and you deserve compensation.
If you’re a rider, we’ll be able to overcome the bias against motorcyclists that will often make it far more challenging for them to obtain fair compensation. Our attorneys know how to defeat an insurance company’s efforts to use bias against you перчатки тактические. We can explain to a jury how a motorcycle works and why not every biker is always to blame for an accident.
However, it’s very likely your case won’t have to go to court. In most instances, attorneys and insurers can agree on a fair settlement offer. But if the insurer refuses to make that offer, we’ll go to trial with total confidence since we’ll have the truth on our side. Insurance companies don’t intimidate our attorneys, and we’ll always fight for your rights.
Contact Jones Law Group if you were injured during Bike Week 2023
Please don’t try to go it alone if someone else’s negligence led to your injury. A Jones Law Group attorney will be by your side to make sure you get exactly what you deserve.
People attempting to take on insurance companies on their own often fail and have to pay for their damages out of pocket фонарь на аккумуляторе. Don’t let this happen to you. Insurers have far too many resources, and they don’t fight fair. If you don’t have legal experience, your chances of obtaining full compensation will basically be zero.